Thursday, January 29, 2009

Miss. Annie Banannie


Her first day of school went very well apparently, she can't wait to go back! So let me start at the beginning....

I got a call on Tuesday from the school pre-k program, they had an opening if Annie wanted to attend. When we went for the testing at the beginning of the year they told us she was too smart and would never come up on the waiting list. So when they called I was shocked! The teacher said a lot of kids had dropped out and the ones they called on the waiting list changed their minds and didn't want to mess with it. So the spot was Annie's if she wanted it....of course she did because she cried when she found out she wasn't going to get to go to school in August. So we got a backpack and two folders-the required school supplies for pre-k and we got ready for our first day of school. She was in the afternoon program which meant she went from 1215-315, so I took a long lunch break and took her from the babysitter to school. We met the teacher and waited for the remaining students to arrive. One boy apparently still was not comfortable with being away from mom so he screamed and yelled for a good 5 minutes and finally 3 teachers drug him away from his mommy. This was a little upsetting to Annie I could tell so I told her that it would be ok, he was just upset and she looked at me and said, "I know mom! I'm not going to act like THAT!" And she didn't! The first thing they do is get out their journal and write their name in it. And when she did this the teacher was amazed at how easily and quickly she was able to do this! At that point I left her alone to enjoy her first day at the big kids' school.

When I got to the babysitters to pick her up she couldn't stop talking about her first day and how excited she was to go back tomorrow! So I guess we will call this a success and yet another first in her life.

I was proud of myself, I only cried this morning on my way to work, by the time I left again to go and get her and take her to school I had gotten it all out. :) She is getting so big and my little baby isn't a baby anymore. I am so proud of her for all that she has accomplished!

1 comment: